Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Shark Diving!









I went shark diving this weekend. This was my first scuba experience and I hope it wasn't my last! I had a great time!

We went to Busan aquarium where we suited up, went through roughly 2 hours of training and dove into the shark tank. Mike, the guy who was instructing was absolutely wonderful, he made everyone feel at ease and none of us felt like we were going to die.

Honestly, I wasn't too scared of the sharks, I was more scared of somehow blowing up my own lungs. 

Keep in mind that all the pictures are taken from inside the tank!

The coolest part of the whole experience was hanging out behind the scenes at the aquarium. I love aquariums anyway, so I felt like I was about 5 years old when I got to see all the breeding tanks and staff rooms, etc. 

I also met some great people while I was down in Busan. Most notably, a scuba diving pastry chef named Alex helped me though some of my initial anxieties involving death among other things.

If I can muster the time/money, I will totally go for my open water certification!

1 comment:

tallen said...

Awesome Pete- This totally puts my Hawaiian Snorkeling experience to shame.