Sunday, July 27, 2008

Happy Birthday to me!



It was my birthday this friday and I was forced to spend it working all day. I had a late meeting that went until about 11pm where I had to present, for the first time ever, the concerns of the foreign teachers at a managerial meeting. With Chad's help, we threw together a synopsis of all the problems that we feel are fixable at the academy. Since I was given no time to prepare it (48 hours notice, with 12 hours of classes a day), I only finished whipping it together just as the meeting was about to start at 9.... just in time to wait for 45 min while the rest of the managers that didn't spend the day working took their time getting there. 
I gave a knockout presentation though. I know it's egocentric, but presentations are something I feel I do well and I'm proud of it. Even though I was blindsided by a fellow manager that tried to stab me  in the back (along with all the foreign teachers) during the meeting, I was able to casually turn his comment aside and make him look rather silly. Are you reading this, Jeff? 'cause that wasn't cool.

Of course the entire thing was met with rousing indifference by my boss who only likes ideas if they can be traced back directly to him. Which is why I'm on the hunt for better jobs at the moment.

Either way, I kicked some butt in there, wish I got it on tape. Also, I think a rather managed to impress some of the more reasonable managers who fell just short of high-fiving me.

On the much brighter sides, some of my kids sang happy birthday to me, which was adorable. Also, i was given a cake by some of my coworkers, you guys rock!

No comments: