Monday, July 7, 2008

Here we go


I probably should have started this a while ago, so I wouldn't have so many unblogged about adventures under my belt. Regardless, I'm starting now, so I'll just fill in the gaps as time goes on. It's been said that "too much exposition can really kill a show" anyway. Or a bad title for that matter- at least, if Urinetown is to be believed.

Anyway, my name is Pete. I'm 24 and live in Guri, S. Korea. I've decided to document what happens to me for two reasons. First, I have several people on my back about it and, secondly, I may, at some point, come to appreciate that I've begun writing things down. 

I love traveling, and I constantly plague myself with the question of whether or not I've been living my life to the fullest. I fear that the answer for that is "no, I haven't been"... and worse still, i fear that the answer to that question could very easily be "yes, why would you live any other way?". Even if I'm somewhere between those two answers, I would rather be closer to the latter than the former. 

So, perhaps this really is a blog about me... my journeys and my efforts to become a happier person but, this blog is really for everyone, my students, my mentors, my friends and my family.

Thank you for reading, and I hope I can make it worth your time. (Aside to my future self - that goes double for you!)

So, our story begins... 

1 comment:

curleytess said...

hey Pete, it will be great to read the adventures of peteman126.