Sunday, July 13, 2008

The Hollow Chocolate Bunnies of the Apocalypse



This week was nice and crazy. I'm still getting into the swing of things as far as being back in Korea, back teaching, etc. I really hit a nice stride in a bunch of my classes towards the end of the week and I'm getting particuarly excited about some of my writing mechanics classes that i've gotten in addition to my science classes. 

One of my co-workers, Chad, has introduced me to his gym and we're planning to make a regular routine of waking up  and hitting the place up at 7:30 as often as we can muster. 7:30 being a time we reached as we tried to out-man each other with earlier and earlier times, beginning at 10 and working backwards until we realized that we'd actually have to wake up, perhaps for the next several months in order to put our money where are collective mouths were.

In addition to waking up early and adding pain to my morning, Chad has also lent me a book that I'm fairly keen on reading. It's called The Hollow Chocolate Bunnies of the Apocalypse and gives this post both it's snappy title and photo. So far I'm only about 50 pages in, but the book is wonderfully twisted and is cracking me up.

Chad, by the way, is an Aussie that I work with who's been a good friend and the catalyst of a lot of the nonsense that goes on in the Hag-won (Korean for academy). He's a recurring character in this chapter of the story of my life and deserves a mention/explanation as I'll probably talk about him in the future. This will be especially flattering if I become one of those intriguing personalities that the public just can't get enough of and this blog is published in book form after my premature death because my family is in need of cash. oh, to dream....