Monday, July 21, 2008

New People



I got to hang out a whole bunch of new people this weekend! Excitement!

On Saturday I met up with two new friends at the National Museum of Korea... Which, like most Korean museums, was amazing! They're putting on a display of Persian artifacts right now that's just great if you love history. It's the permanent displays that really stole the show on this one though. The giant Buddist tapestries and Neolithic artifacts were just some of the things I got to see. There's also a giant pagoda in the middle of the museum... which is today's picture. If you want to get technical, it's called the Gyeongcheonsa Pagoda and it's korean national treasure # 86. I'm going to have to go back there at some point because we ducked out early to get lunch.

I dragged everyone to my favorite Indian restaurant in Seoul, Taj Palace. To my shock, it was even better than I remembered it. Truly great food, and if any of you are ever in Itewon you should definitely check it out.

I've started premium classes, which means that i have to work about 4 addition hours in the morning, so I'll talk more about my weekend at a later date... until then, I'm going to go pass out.

No comments: