Thursday, August 14, 2008

Taiwan Final!








I wanted to include in a separate post some additional places I visited in Taipei. I also wanted to say again that I was really impressed by the beauty of the city. Places like Democracy Memorial Park (Above) were amazing surprises. The monument in the center of the park is actually so massive that there is an entire museum underneath it. The park also had its own performance theater and concert hall. At night, the park is filled with the sounds of musicians warming up their instruments as well as various clubs practicing hip-hop dancing, yoga and kung-fu among other activities. It was a bit of fresh air from Korea where everything feels like it's on top of you at all times. In Taipei I could feel alone, but I still felt like there were people around. I really loved the city! If I decide to change countries, I may just go to Taiwan.

No comments: